Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last chance
Hi CoachBoy,

You are asking for advice,and I fistly have to say that most advice on this site is only the persons personal opinion based on personal experiences. And so is mine, as I am not a professional therapist or anything like that.

There is one thing that has helped me enormously though. You said you wanted to get back "your" money. I used to think tht way but then had to rethink it.#

If you bought a loaf of bread would you think "the grocer has MY money" ????? Why was I thinking the betting shop had my money then? Once I gave it to him (he didn't need to steal it, or threaten me for it) it was his to keep and do as he wants with. I had to stop thinking that anyone else had my money. They didn't. They had their money, and, if I had any at all, the money in my pocket and bank was the only money that was "mine".

This was a massive change for me, but it is the right way to think, and gave me a lot of peace.

I hope this helps you in your recovery. It did me, but hey, this is just my opinion. You will have to make up your own mind.

My name is Chris, and my last bet was on 26th October 2009.

Messages In This Thread
last chance - by shazza71 - 14-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Re: last chance - by shazza71 - 15-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Re: last chance - by Guest - 15-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Re: last chance - by shazza71 - 16-04-2011, 09:13 AM