Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amanother big win another big loss.
Marko,
I am truly saddened to learn and read of your plight however in my following sentiments of hope I want you to understand some very very key things to recovery and I say all this for your benefit:

There is never a time to admit defeat to this illness, its an illness that takes all pride, all dignity, we dont understand "ourselves" why we do it but then again why do we need to understand.

Instead we can only fix today, today is a day when all our problems can be out in the open, today is a day when we can stop to dream, stop to gamble, try to get through that day without gambling.

In that we must have some care taken over us, give up control of money and ask that those around us do not "judge" us by our illness.

Marko, we have spoken before and I have read your posts but I have to say this now " we cannot give up gambling by willpower alone" somtime a temptation will arrive and it will get us dreaming once again.

I want you to be brave and go to GA, not just for yourself but your wife and three daughters. Once you have done this try to look at life in a bit of Monty python style and "always look on the bright side of life".

You need to get all cards on the table then say "no" just for today I wont gamble.

Maybe then you will have a chance to get yourself into a good place.

Your post is my greatest fear....but through the thought and practice of GA I lived today "just for today"

I hope i can do that the rest of my life but in that I must allow GA to always be a part of my life.

I can only urge you to think yesterday is gone but tommorow I will ensure the day is better...

Go to GA and then sit down with the wife..

Barrie

Messages In This Thread
Re: Amanother big win another big loss. - by calvinthomp - 01-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Re: Amanother big win another big loss. - by Barrieexgambler - 02-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Re: Amanother big win another big loss. - by cleo - 03-05-2011, 07:32 AM