Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won't go to GA
well, he had a bet, or 2 to be exact. His argument is that it was a lot less money than he has been spending recently so it's progress? He is getting these shares this weekend so he thinks that will be it then. He seems very determined but I am still not convinced. I can see him just still saying but it is only a little money or whatever so it is ok!

I know my being pesemistic probably won't be helping and I am trying not to let on to him that i am so nervous as I don't want to make him feel he may as well not try as I have already set him up for defeat.

He is however, singing his councillors praises saying he is really helping etc so I am hoping that sometime soon his councillor will suggest he self bars himself or something. The thing is, even if it is a small bet if he wins it will start a whole week of gambling again until it is all gone.

If he does gamble I often hope he loses as if he wins it carries on for longer!

I hope so much he will stop for good, only time will tell I suppose. It's funny because last week he didn't have a bet during the week and it was like I had him back and he was the old him again, funny even just a few days of clearing his head and he 'came back'. It would be so nice if he was like that all the time instead of sucked into this crazy addiction (no offense!).

I have to do it his way at the moment as everyone has said if I try telling him what to do or push him into things he will not want to do it even more. I told him I just hope we are worth it this time as I cannot and will not take living like this forever, it's not fair on me or our daughter to be living unhappily all because of him.

Well, I will continue to stand by him and hope he will do his bit as well, he has said he is really trying at the moment so fingers crossed....

Messages In This Thread
Won't go to GA - by Guest - 17-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Re: Won't go to GA - by Guest - 20-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Re: Won't go to GA - by Guest - 23-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Re: Won't go to GA - by tommo800 - 25-05-2011, 02:31 PM