Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When people say "Take one day at a time"
Hi guys and thankyou for your feedback and advice. Although I still have some slips my position now compared to two years ago when I first came across this site is night and day. At that time I gambled everyday and the psycological effect this had on me was unbelievable. I come on this site regularly and always manage to pick up on a good piece of advice or an excellent tip. It is amazing really, the first thing I noticed when I stopped gambling every day was how little I spend. I was devasted when I slipped up last week but I am determined this will be my last time.

Dave,
You are correct I am afraid of going to meetings but probably not for the reasons you would think. I know G.A. is anonymous but I also know that people are only human and I would hate to go to a meeting and recognise someone or have them recognise me only for that person to quit after a few weeks and let it slip to someone else what was said and who he met at a meeting. I admit that if I ever do go it would be to a meeting about forty miles from where I live/grew up. As I said previously, I want to fix this myself. I don't want to be labelled with something for the rest of my life just because I have made a mess of two years of my life.

Messages In This Thread
When people say "Take one day at a time" - by Guest - 03-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Re: When people say "Take one day at a time" - by barrieexgambler - 05-06-2011, 04:30 AM
Re: When people say "Take one day at a time" - by Guest - 05-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Re: When people say "Take one day at a time" - by Guest - 07-06-2011, 07:06 PM