Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
progress at 21 months
Dear Carter,

Thankyou for taking the time to contact the forum. Feedback on attending actual Gamblers Anonymous (GA) meetings is most welcome, Persons reading can see that, in your experience, GA works.
You write "i went alone to my 1st meeting and was inspired instantly by peoples storys of achivement by just hard work all i wanted they had and they didnt gamble a penny yet they had everything plus more of what i wanted". It may seem truly incredible to any compulsive gambler reading this that you found people who were like you (compulsive gamblers) yet didn't bet and had the material items you were striving to 'win'. This was exactly my experience too, in a different GA meeting, in a different part of the country. I too felt inspired - firstly to attend my second meeting and secondly to start doing just some of the things I had been putting off, procrastinating, waiting for that elusive "big win" to do the work for me. Your new career is "one of the most challenging jobs" but very rewarding I would imagine? I am sure there will be dark days in the desert. Drawing on your GA experience will help you through, one day at a time.
Well done, outstanding progress is visible from your description in just a short while. It all started with attending your first GA meeting and making that decision not to place a bet. I have awoken early this morning and made the same decision - not to place a bet today.

Have you considered writing to "NewLife" - the GA magazine, written and published by GA members, for GA members? I am sure the editor would welcome an article from you Carter. You could pack a copy with you for inspiration, when you are on tour and unable to get to a regular GA meeting. See your group literature secretary who should be able to supply a hard copy. Remember though that the editor can only print a copy when sufficient material has been received.

Yours in GA unity.

'Poster' David

Messages In This Thread
progress at 21 months - by carter - 21-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Re: progress at 21 months - by Poster David - 22-06-2011, 06:12 AM
Re: progress at 21 months - by LillianGes - 22-06-2011, 02:58 PM