Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough is enough....
Rich,
Hey, I apologise I came in late on this thread but feel I should share some things.

These are mainly for you. I roll my life back some 10years and I was just like you deflecting women as I didnt want to get them involved in my gambling, living the rollercoaster, always skint, always high, low.

I felt I gambled just for this emotional as the rest of life was boring. Like you said a loner, alone to eat, alone to sleep, alone in everything.

To me at that time life was ok, I had associates not friends because friendship is different. A little later I finally let a woman into my life and messed that all up also, why? my failure to recognise I was a compulsive gambler and failure to take measures to stop that.

However: I didnt even realise the change I made to my life and me when I said enough was enough at rock bottom, its not something you can see at that time. However day by day I went to work, focussed on that work and slowly things have changed.

im still deep down a gambler, I know that, but my ideology, my thinking, my personality has changed, hopefully for the better.

It took 1year free from gambling to buy a car, not on HP, but cash, saved through diligence. It took some time to set other things up in my life and now I am a different person.

I also in not gambling met a girl that instead of deflecting I told openly and honestly about former problems and I hope we will be together for ever as I dont wish to be a lonely man.

All for one thing! Admission and looking into my heart to see what I truly wanted and to say "God" however much I believe or not in him like you, that he granted me the serenity to accept the things I couldnt change the courage to change the things I could and the wisdom to know the difference.

Go to a meeting: Gambling truly is not worth it.

B

Messages In This Thread
Enough is enough.... - by Poor1978 - 18-08-2011, 01:25 AM
Re: Enough is enough.... - by Poster David - 22-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Re: Enough is enough.... - by alfredafq1 - 03-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Re: Enough is enough.... - by fobt junki - 04-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Re: Enough is enough.... - by barrieexgambler - 04-09-2011, 03:24 AM
Re: Enough is enough.... - by Scbkfcx - 12-09-2011, 03:36 PM