Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler.
Hi,

Thanks for the time you took to respond Barrie. It really is appreciated and has helped stay gamble free for the last 6 weeks! Actually since I first wrote this post. I think writing it has given me the opportunity to start my rehab even though I have been too fearful to go to a meeting. Not too fearful of what I might find in the meeting but what I will unearth in the back of my mind. So I am getting by every day without gambling which is great but I am also doing nothing about the healing process which will be required for me to be happy again. I have also disclosed with a dear friend what has been happening and that has helped greatly.

Anyway... still such a long way to go and I have been constantly tempted... (almost hourly as I have a bookies opposite my front door!) But so far I am doing the most important things. Staying out of the bookies, piecing my life back together, and still confiding in my friend. The real test will come along again when I feel in control and have some spare money in the bank account and think one little one wont hurt me.

Sorry for this late a garbled response but my head is still all over the place.

Hope you are also walking the narrow path and finding the strength to do every morning... from somewhere!

With warmth,

John

Messages In This Thread
My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Guest - 22-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Guest - 24-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by barrieexgambler - 24-11-2011, 05:25 AM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Guest - 24-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Guest - 25-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by Tomso - 25-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by barrieexgambler - 28-11-2011, 05:16 AM
Re: My name is John, I am a compulsive gambler. - by crazy horse gang - 29-12-2011, 05:39 PM