Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my story
Hello.

You cannot control something that is out of control unless you stop it completely.

I cannot speak for you as I don't know your story entirely but it does sound similar to parts of mine. There was nothing that I tried to do, in order to stop gambling, that worked until I started attending GA meetings. Seems to me that nothing is working for you either.

Addictive behaviour is emotionally damaging. You mentioned that you haven't had a bet for 22 days and, although you haven't lost any money, do you really think that 'paper betting' is not betting? The act of gambling is just as mentally corrosive and in no way a start to anyone's recovery from gambling addiction.

At GA meetings I found people who truly understand me, they know my life-struggle, they know what I have been through and still go through on a daily basis. Everyone in GA 'speaks the same language'.

In your first paragraph you mentioned that you never wanted to attend GA meetings, by posting on here does that mean you will be?

If the answer is no, then all I would say is THE DOORS ARE ALWAYS OPEN!

You have nothing to lose. Consider this, GA offers a tried and tested way for the compulsive gambler to stop gambling. By rejecting/dismissing this opportunity to stop for good does that not show you how far under the control of this addiction you really are.

I thought I could 'do it' on my own and it took me 25 years before I reached out for help and found GA.

Big Dave

Messages In This Thread
my story - by sudobox - 22-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Re: my story - by BigDave - 24-12-2013, 03:34 PM