Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
really struggling
Hello

I was 36 when I stopped and after nearly 25 years of irresponsible gambling the only thing that worked was GA meetings. Things, for me, got steadily worse. Although the gambling seemed to always be out of control, the consequences of the gambling were the worse bit. Lost the respect and trust of friends and family. Life seemed to get lonelier and lonelier.

GA really did change my life and still does today nearly 8 years on bet-free. I was very nervous and apprehensive before attending my first meeting, as are most people, but once I experienced my first meeting I soon realised there was nothing to have worried about in the first place. I was welcomed quite informally, which was pleasing and I seemed to fit right into the meeting because as soon as people started to speak I felt at home. Everyone was telling my story before I had even spoken. I knew straight away I was in the right place. I have no doubt you will receive the same warm welcome at the meeting you attend.

I am sure there is a meeting in Bolton If you seek it out in the 'MEETINGS' section (tab at the top of the page) you'll find all the details.

Big Dave (Eastcote/Uxbridge)

Messages In This Thread
really struggling - by morrisons11 - 27-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Re: really struggling - by BigDave - 28-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Re: really struggling - by morrisons11 - 28-12-2013, 10:07 PM