Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking responsibility for my actions.
Hi all, hope you're all well and have had a good Christmas and now looking forward to the New Year.

Just wanted to put down a quick few lines to help to get some support for the forum after it crashed last week.

I've just come off the live chat and one of the topics that was being talked about was honesty and not being able to tell those close to us what we have done.

For me (like almost everyone who has been in this situation) I found this incredibly hard. My partner found out the hard way what I had done and I am (and always will be) eternally grateful that she has stood by me. But telling my parents was different, I have been in the forces for over 26years and they are so very proud of my achievements. My father especially placed me high on a pedestal and it was a long way to fall but it was something that I had to tell him.

Will things ever be the same as they were now that I've shared this sordid secret with them? In a word, no they won't, but in the future when they see that I'm serious about making a better future I'm positive our relationship will be stronger than it ever was before.

Your parents will always be your parents and will always love you for who you are. Your wife, husband, partner loves you for who they think you are. I no longer feel self pity but I now know that I have to take responsibility for my actions and each and every day my truly wonderful partner is always at the forefront of my mind. I know I have to make amends and if I can do at least one thing (no matter how small) each day where i can show this then I am one step closer to building a better future.

It is hard to tell love ones, but the weight will be somewhat lifted after you have.....

Stay safe

Mjh

Messages In This Thread
Taking responsibility for my actions. - by Guest - 28-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Re: Taking responsibility for my actions. - by BDT - 29-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Re: Taking responsibility for my actions. - by Guest - 06-01-2012, 09:21 PM